Friday, June 5, 2015

Called to Serve: An Introduction

So I know there are a thousand sister missionary blogs out there. They tell you what to pack, what to wear, what to shop for, and how to prepare. Honestly, I'm not as put together as the majority of those girls. For the most part, I have no idea what I am doing. Sure, I got a packet with my call that included an outline of what I would need, but this is a journey, and life doesn't usually come equipped with an all-intensive checklist.


This blog is going to be a way for me to wrap my head around becoming a sister missionary in t-minus 3 months. I will try and share with you what I find and what works the best from my own personal experience, whether it be clothes or preparing spiritually. I may not know a lot about being on a mission at this point, but I am awfully good at writing lists and shopping. 


I suppose I should tell you a little bit about myself. My name is Hailey Christensen, soon to be Sister Christensen, and I have recently been called to serve in the Brazil Campinas Mission. I have a wonderful family, and a love for all carbs and pretty little trinkets. I went to BYU for a year, where I am working on becoming an English teacher, before deciding to turn in my papers and go out into the world. 

So, there you have it. Welcome to my blog, and the glorious chaos that is bound to ensue. 



No comments:

Post a Comment