Monday, March 28, 2016

3/28/2016: Week 28 - Easter Week

Happy Easter!

I spent Easter with the P family. They have five kids. FIVE. So it felt like we were a part of the family but also left me feeling a little homesick. We ate lunch all together, and then the wife brought out chocolate Easter eggs, brigadeiro, and little chocolate balls for dessert. We were all eating as the husband tried to open the package of chocolate balls, when *POOF* the entire pack exploded all over the room. The husband, who has a really serious face, just shrugged, picked up a handful of them and yelled "WAR" and began pelting them at us and at his kids hahaha. The kids then joined in, all throwing them at their dad, and one landed in his mouth, and he just ate it and continued the war. Then the wife joined in, threw one at her husband, and it went up his nose. The war stopped after that.

I also gave a talk in church this week! I am not going to say that it went well, but I will say that I have now given a speech, in Portuguese, in front of a bunch of Brasilieros. 

We also visited with another less active member this week, and she told us that she had been praying for help when two angels (Sister S and I) showed up on her front porch. It's always good to hear that you are an answer to someone's prayer. 

I also ate more cow tongue.

And last, but definitely not least, we were talking to R about the commandments the other day, and Sister S pretty much laid them all down in about two minutes, while challenging her to baptism, which she accepted! It was one of the most powerful lessons I have ever been in. When we were leaving, I got out of the car and almost yelled at her to give me her coffee. She then went into the house, got all the coffee, and handed it over to me. So Sister S and I took some victory photos with the coffee before throwing it triumphantly into the trash.


Love,
Sister Christensen

Bye Bye Coffee!


No comments:

Post a Comment