Wednesday, June 15, 2016

6/14/2016: Week 39 - A Bazaar and A Coincidence

Hello!

So, last week I told everyone about the mini tornado that we had. This week, the church gathered a bunch of clothing, food and mattresses, and we had a donation Bazaar in the church for the people who lost things in the storm. Sister B and I were there, and we talked to every single person who entered, sharing a bit of the gospel, and asking if they had interest in learning a little bit more. All in all, I think about 50 people gave us their addresses or numbers, wanting to learn more about the church. 

Sister P and I also had the opportunity to teach about 20 people about the church and Jesus Christ as they waited to enter into the Bazaar. It was really neat to stand in front of these people and teach them what I know to be true. I don't know who was really listening, but I know that we gave them the choice to know more, and we did our part. 

This week, we will be focusing on contacting all of these people.

Sister B and I also had the opportunity to teach a woman named H about the Book of Mormon. She told us that everything that we said makes sense, and then she said that when she reads the Bible, she likes to open up to a random page and read it. She then went and did the same with the Book of Mormon, and to my surprise she opened to Alma 32:21 which says, "And now as I said concerning faith -- faith is not to have a perfect knowledge of things; therefore if ye have faith ye hope for things which are not seen, which are true." 

That in and of itself was cool, because of all the random scriptures she could have read, she read a beautiful verse on faith; a verse that we use in our teaching as missionaries. But then something even weirder happened. We started to talk about marriage, and she said, "Lets try the book again." This time, when she randomly opened it, she read the following verse in 4 Nephi 1:11: "and they were married, and given in marriage, and were blessed according to the multitude of promises which the Lord had made unto them." 

This time, her eyes got wide. I don't know if that was all coincidence or not, but I do know that God works in mysterious ways, ha ha.

Com amor e beijos,
Sister Christensen

PS We also went to the temple this week -- I will send pictures next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment