Monday, November 9, 2015

11/09/2015: Week 8 - Baptism

Hello everyone!

This week has been amazing. We had a baptism on Sunday! The missionaries here have been teaching her for a while, and we were able to invite her to be baptized three weeks ago. This week she came to church, and immediately after sacrament meeting, she got dressed in white and a Brother from the ward baptized her. The program was really neat, and the Young Women sang her a song to welcome her to the ward. There was a lot of happy crying and a lot of good feelings. 

We also started teaching a few new families this week.:

The first we visited twice this week, and were very receptive to the message and invited us back. One of them told us that she had a dream about the Book of Mormon and that God was with her and told her to read it. So that was pretty neat. Through her, we were also able to meet another man who is interested in our message. We are going back to teach them more this week.

The other family was very welcoming and kind as well, and they started to cry when we talked about the Restoration with them. One of them came to church and to the baptism this Sunday, which was really really neat. I am excited to continue to teach them as well, and to invite them to be baptized.

We also had splits this week, and I was able to meet another wonderful Sister missionary

A few things I would like to say about Brazil:

1) You don't need to ever go to an amusement park if you are in Brazil... just get on a public bus. The buses here are like the Night Bus from Harry Potter. Except there's no magic and you just end up feeling queasy afterwards. It's a wonder that they don't crash more often, because it is seriously like riding a roller coaster at times. 

2) The first thing people ask me when they meet me is where I am from. The second is "Wow you are really white." Complete strangers will come up to me and start talking to me about my skin, how white I am, how I look like a doll, and ask me about my sunscreen usage. They then explain to me that I need to be applying it throughout the day. So don't worry mom -- I have a constant reminder to use sunscreen. The entire country is looking out for me. 

3) My legs are going to look really good after a year and a half of walking constantly. That is all.

I love and miss you all, but I am so excited to be here and to be serving a mission, and sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ with these people. This church has blessed my life in so many ways. I hope everyone has an amazing week. Thanks to everyone who wrote me this week, I love hea​ring from you. 

With love,

Sister Christensen







No comments:

Post a Comment