Monday, November 16, 2015

11/16/2015: Week 9 - Satan's Armpit

Hello all!

Yet another week has passed! I am so jealous that it is winter in the United States. It has been 100+ degrees here this week, and I have been drowning in sweat. I live in Satan's armpit. However, the work has been moving forward and we are very happy about the progress we have seen this week!

We were able to invite one boy named R to baptism this week. He is one of my favorite people to teach. I gave him a CTR (choose the right) ring a couple weeks ago, and he has worn it every day since. He has also been coming to church, and has been doing great!

We have also started to teach a couple, A and A. I talked a little bit about one of them in my last e-mail. They are both really kind and accepted the invitation to be baptized. We invited A to a Relief Society activity, and went all together this week, as well. It started to rain really hard -- I am talking a torrential downpour, the-sky-is-falling rain -- and a member offered to take us all home. The only thing is, we had to stuff seven people into a car made for four. My companion gradually fell to the floor, A was against the window, and we all moved like Jell-O whenever the car hit a bump. When we got to our apartment, we realized the door had a child-lock on, so that was a whole other adventure. We laughed the entire way there though.

It is amazing to see the changes that occur in people's lives when they are following the example of Christ. As I have been here, I realize more and more the importance of acting on our faith. Faith is a principle of action. We cannot be passive in our beliefs, especially in a world that is constantly trying to tear them down. I want to invite you all to do something this week to show your love for God, and exercise your faith. Love a little more. Serve a little more. After all, when we are in the service of our fellow men, we are "in the service of our God".

I hope everything is going well for everyone at home. Enjoy the snow and the cold!

With love,
Sister Christensen


No comments:

Post a Comment