Monday, November 2, 2015

11/2/2015: Week 7 - Second Week in the Field

Hello everyone! 

This week has been really great! It has been raining a lot here, and we have gotten stuck a few times in a torrential down-pour. I prefer the rain to the heat though, so all is well!

This week my companion and I had the opportunity to go to a baptism for a girl who is 8 and was a bit nervous for her baptism. The first time I met her, she was rocking out to Abba songs (namely Mama Mia). Right before the baptism, her mom came up to us sisters, and asked us if we could do a musical number for the baptism. I ended up singing a solo (in English), and then singing with the other sisters in Portuguese for the second verse. It was such a neat experience, and she looked so beautiful in her white dress. 

We had to move one baptism to another week, but I will keep everyone updated on that!


I love being on this mission, because I am able to see miracles every day. We had a goal to have 12 new investigators this week, and as of Sunday we hadn't met our goal. We decided to go tracking

for a few hours and visit one of our new investigators later that day. When we got there, her entire family ushered us in, and we were able to teach the Restoration to four new people, and gain four new investigators. It is so neat to see what happens when we do our best and have faith. God will always provide a way for us to accomplish his work. Hard work brings miracles. 

I hope everyone is having a good week. I love and miss you all!

Love,
Síster Christensen



No comments:

Post a Comment