Monday, November 23, 2015

11/23/2015: Week 10 - Haircuts, Bugs, and Heat...Oh My!

Hello!

This week has been a bit different. It has been difficult to find people to teach this week, so my companion and I spent most of our time walking around, and arriving at houses only to find that they were busy or not available. But that's alright, because that means that we get a lot of exercise. However, I am glad that we have the opportunity to start a new week!

Our apartment has been a bit crazy this week as well. 

1. Sister N decided that it was a good idea to try and cut her hair herself. She ended up with a Christmas tree haircut, with one side about two inches higher than the other. (Picture included). 

2. Just in case you haven't heard, its pretty hot in Brazil right now, so we have to get creative with ways to stay cool. Our apartment doesn't have air conditioning, so the other day, the sisters decided to create their own with a box of ice and a fan. (Picture also included).

3. We also have a slight problem with bugs. We either die from heat and keep the windows closed, or open the windows and risk being invaded by bugs. The other day, I was minding my own business and going to brush my teeth. I got my toothbrush and my toothpaste, and started to brush my teeth. I then felt something that was definitely not toothpaste in my mouth, and went to spit, and realized that I had eaten an earwig. AN EARWIG! I am much more careful now when I go to brush my teeth. (Picture not included).

But don't get me wrong, the week has been good. A, A, and R are all progressing and came to church with us this week! I love being able to meet with them and continue to teach them. We even had a Family Home Evening with A and A the other day.

I hope all is well, I love and miss you all!

Love,
Sister Christensen












No comments:

Post a Comment